Thursday, January 28, 2010

Month In Review

I like organization and a major part of my organization is lists. So we are really close to the end of the month and since I went ahead and pulled the coupons expiring on the 31st from my book, I thought I would review this month and my goals for this year and see where I stand.

Blogging- I started this blog on 1/7 and currently have 19 post. Not too bad, but I know that several of these post are in the same day but hey I am trying. One of the reason that I started blog was to help me stay out of surviving mood. Looking back I realize that for the first 4-6 months after giving birth my main goal is to survive and to keep up with life. I distinctly remember this last year after Kendall. It was also around the same time I found out that I was pregnant with Zach. So that feeling of now I can start enjoying didn't last long! I did make the major decision to stop working part time and work a little (less than 5 hours a month). I know without a doubt that this was the right decision. Finally almost a year later, I am feeling like I am beginning to establish a routine. I can ENJOY my days at home with the kids and enjoying them as well as keep up with everyday life and not go crazy. By blogging I am also able to go back and remember and keep these memories so that 5 years from now when Zach goes to school, I want to look back and know that I not only was home with the kids but actually accomplished ALOT while doing it!

Financial- Well as I have posted in the past, we have WELL exceeded the monthly grocery budget but I expected as much this month. I am hoping that each month this will go down and by the end of the year I will have reduced the average by 1/4. I am getting into the swing of couponing and learning that I need to ask for rainchecks and save coupons even if I "might" use them!

Preschool- I don't think that I have blogged about this but one of the goals I had for this year is to be more consistent with "preschool" with Lily. She LOVES to learn and is always eager. My goal is to do "preschool" with her at least 3 times a week. We started this again in September and have been luck to get 6 a month in. Well this month has been awesome. Two weeks ago, we had home "preschool" 3 times,last week 4 time and so far this week 4 as well. Lily has already requested that she go to real Preschool in the Fall. I am still undecided. Part of me knows she would LOVE it but I also don't like to have to get out of the house every day to take or pick her up! I am also concerned about the cost of a 2 or 3 day a week preschool. I am hoping that by doing more home preschool she will not be too disappointed if we decide not to enroll her!

Bible reading- I probably have done the worst at this. But even this is an improvement than the past. I have been able to read 20 Psalms so far. I am going to work on improving this next month.

Diet- Matt and I started the Atkins- I have managed to lost 3-4lbs in combination with my cheapness and cheat days!

No comments:

Post a Comment