Thursday, September 1, 2011

August In Review

Day late but hey at least I am trying here! Interesting pictures and Birthday info to follow tommorow!

BLOGGING: I had 11 post in August which is the same for July so I am pleased that I have stayed the course! Hopefully I will hit my goal at least once this year! Goal: 15 per month

Devotions: I am getting better, averaging 2 a week. Goal is 3 a week.





Couponing/Grocery Budgeting: My initial goal for this area was to cut the general budget in half and stay at around $400, however I forgot that school supplies would be included in this area this month. Another major dent in this area was all the supplies for Zach's birthday dinner. I am very pleased to report that we are at $816.00 for the month! I count this as a succes. Our Grocery Budget is set at $800 per month, this includes diapers, cleaning supplies, food and toiletries.

Financially
: August was an another odd month. Honestly, Matt and I are still working to figure out however to achieve our goals. I can say that we actually came out even for the month which is great. Debt reduction is a major focus for us and that means now that our budget seems to be working. I am going to take a look at where we can trim even $5 to go toward medical debts taht will assist us in the overall goals. As I was typing I did realize a major accomplishment in this area, Amanda's college was paid in cash and we caught all taxes up to date for the year. Goals in this area: Emergency fund of $1000, car fund equal to a payment of $300 each month and by January- debt free except for mortgage.

Weight
- A huge wake up call was my mid year wellness check at work. I know I have got to get back on track with walking or something and these 6 pounds I gained since February have got to go. Now for a plan for this to happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment