Saturday, September 3, 2011

Coupons- A Day in the Life of

One of the many things that I seem to have been behind in recently is organizing and managing my coupons. So I decided that I would spend today getting myself better organized and throwing away coupons that were expired and/or loading all the diaper coupons and a couple of others in a package to my niece in Alaska. One of the things that I didn't count on was that Matt was needed at church to work on a backdrop for the kid's program at church on Wednesday so I had the three little kids to help me! I am excited to say that not only did I get through all the coupon blessing coupons from church the last 3 weeks as well as all the printed coupons I have been snagging this week but I also have cleared out my storage case of expired insert through June of this year! I was also able to include the little ones in the process. Lily practiced her cutting by cutting out printables. Kendall and Zach were in charge of trash. I probably spent about 4 hours total today with coupons. I also plan out trips to CVS, Walgreens and Walmart. In addition, I made a trip to Walgreens and Walmart.

I had not planned on Walgreens but a friend called to let me know about a couple of great deals and after researching I spent around $12 on 12lbs of sugar, 4 medium size bags of M&Ms, a box of tampons and 4 large Tic Tacs.

In addition, I had an easy and 50% saving trip to Walmart. Matt and I ventured out after the little ones were in bed. I priced matched a raincheck for 0.69 Diet Cokes and used coupons for Orange Juice, free dishwasher tabs, Limeade and Lemonade, juice boxes as well as purchasing spreadable cream cheese. The cashier tonight was awesome and even explained to me how they had to "honor" competitor coupons. So I was able to get 2 free packs of gum using coupons from the Red box at CVS. This is probably one of the best trips I have even had to Walmart. My only disappointment was that they were out of the single serving bottles of Lemonade.

Tomorrow, we plan to make a trip to Costco. This will be a massive trip to stock up on supplies for lunches and other essentials that we are going to run short on in the next month. Hopefully, after this and the trips I made today. We can cut back on grocery shopping unless it is free or a really really good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment