Friday, June 11, 2010

I LOVE CVS

One of the things that I try to do on a regular basis on Fridays is check out Southern savers for the upcoming Sunday ad. Last week, I was disappointed. I really didn't see much that I wanted. So I skipped the Sunday trip. On Monday, I realized that I didn't have any ladies deodorant in the stockpile and of course we needed some. I did remember that they had deodorant on sale so I decided to make a quick trip.

I was nicely surprised to find that when I scanned my card I received a coupon on diapers to use in the future. I also discovered that CVS brand formula was on sale buy one get one 50% off. Of course they only had one container of soy. I decided to be brave and ask if they would give it to me at 50% they did. I ended up spending $23 and saving $47 or 68%. I was pleased with my trip because I got formula, pacifiers, 2 hair products and 4 deodorants for $23. I also received a bonus of 5 off 15 at the register. The only catch was that it ran out on Friday.

This brings me to the second trip, on Thursday night. I decided to make a another trip to use the coupon and I knew I would also earn another ECB for use of my green tag bag. I scanned my card and got a free 2 ECB. I always carry my rainchecks with me and usually check. I found they had more of the Gillette body wash from several weeks ago. I decided to do 2 transactions. I ended up with 2 packs of diapers, 3 packs of batteries ( 2 off 2 coupon from the machine), 2 body washes and a 9 pack of toilet paper for $12.75 my savings 79% or $46!!

This is probably a good place to explain my thoughts on ECB. Many people (most I think) like to roll their ECB and try to leave the store with as many as they started with. I have a different idea, at this stage in our lives we have 2 in diapers and are buying baby food and formula. Diapers at "regular price" are around $10 a bag for the generic brand, so 3 bags a week $30 a week or around $120 a month. Zach is on Soy Formula so that is around $20 a week or another $100 a month. So I like to use any ECBs that I get to lower my OOP expenses for these items. I feel that if I bring ECBs home and save I am wasting money so I try to spend all that I receive in my last transaction to buy diapers and or formula. This week at CVS I was able to buy a week supply of diapers and formula for less than I would spend on diapers without couponing! That is the reason I love CVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment