Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Produce Box

After several emails, missed deadlines and details, today Matt went to the "farm" to pick up our first produce box of the season. I was excited that instead of 10 weeks like last year, this year we have 15 weeks to get this boxes. Zach was so excited because he even saw a tractor at the farm and it was big.  Our first 5 weeks should be half the size of the rest of the boxes.

This box contained: 2 heads of romaine lettuce, a couple of green onions, a bunch of radishes, a pint of strawberries, a pound of spinach, and a large head of broccoli.

 The kids devoured the strawberries between the ride home and as desert this evening. Matt chopped one of the heads of romaine to make an awesome salad, to which I added a couple of radishes for the kids and myself. It honestly was one of the best salads I have eaten in a long time! I went ahead and steamed and froze the broccoli for use later on, since I know it is a cool weather veggie. As a special treat, Matt grilled several of the steaks I purchased last week on sale at Food Lion. Dinner was ready and it was awesome!

Did anyone else purchase a co-op box how does ours compare?

No comments:

Post a Comment