Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow Day In North Carolina

Yes, we finally had our first official snow fall in North Carolina last night. We woke up this morning to around an inch on the ground.  Matt took the little kids out to play before 8am because he knew it would be gone by this afternoon.  I had a really easy day at work, so I spent most of the morning at home as well as a large chuck of the afternoon.  Guess how I enjoyed this "snow day"?  I worked on the Square Foot Garden and took some pictures.  The kids have really enjoyed helping me "make" the containers out of newspaper and they really like watching things actually grow.
The small green plants are broccoli that we planted about 3 weeks ago. Today we planted Green Pepper and chilles.

This is the new addition to the square foot garden. The plan is to purchase soil this week and begin transplanting broccoli plants in a week. I hope to be able to get 2 harvest form the broccoli before the heat kills it!

No comments:

Post a Comment