Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good vs Bad

I have heard that if you want to see both side of something that you make a list of the good points and bad points which make them easier to compare. To be honest with you, I am struggling right now.  We are facing several huge financial changes in the next 6 months.  I know in my head that "God has a plan for me" but I am still struggling with doubt and worry. So I am going to write a good vs bad list about the things going on in my life both financial and not. Bear with me, support me or close the page...

Good
- I have been able to not take but 2 hours of vacation time during the month of December. So I should have enough saved for both my trip and our beach trip.

-Zach is doing excellent with potty training. I think* that we have bought the last bag of diapers around here.

-I don't have any more scheduled days at the nursing home.

-Last year we were able to replace/ repair the majority of major expenses around the house. We currently need to replace only 1 more window and purchase gutter till we will be complete finished with the house as far as major remodeling expenses.

- We have no car payments!

-We have purchased a lot of new electronic equipment over the past 2 months and don't need/want anything else unless our current television stop working. And even if this is the case, I don't see us replacing them quickly instead saving for a couple of months.

-We have replaced a ton of clothes over the past several months and should not need anything until the spring/summer.

-"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:10-12

Bad
-Matt's unemployment is becoming very unstable, we are reading various statements that indicate that it may end as soon as February or that it will last through June, which is what we originally thought and planned for.

-My work at the hospital has really slacked off. I will only be working 20 hours a week for at least the next 2 weeks.

-I don't have any more scheduled days at the nursing home.

-We need approximately $1000 to complete both the remaining window and gutters for the house, I had planned to finish during the month of March/ April but it just may not be possible.

-I greatly reduced our tax withholding for last year and we should only expect a refund of $1000 or less. My plan was to use this either for the remaining house repairs or pay upfront for the beach condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment