Monday, May 14, 2012

Yard Sale

I was doing so well, with blogging, that is.  I was posting at least every other day...but then it happened...we started planning it....the yard sale.

I have over the past couple of weeks been reading several different books, blogs and websites about budgetting and getting your finances under better control. One suggestion that was given in almost all everything I have read is to sell things that you are no longer using. Sounds easy right....

Wrong.....thankfully it only occurs at most once a year but let me tell you it took every bit of time and energy I had for a week.  Matt has pitched in as much as I did if not more during the day to gather items from out of closets, buildings and cabinets that are no longer being used, with all this preparation  things should go smoothly.....

Wait.... Lily and Matt decide that this sale is not complete without a refreshment stand. Next, I decide that the profits will go toward ice cream and candy at the pool.

Finally all the preparations are made.. I even managed to get out of work earlier than planned, all that is left to do is get the clothes out of the attic.  Opps..... I forgot that I had 8 boxes of clothes up here.

There is a car in the driveway...it is too early... only 6:30...oh well let the fun begin...

We did survive the yard sale, after a trip to both Goodwill and the dump, the profits were counted and we are purchasing a second freezer with those. Ice cream money is secure for at least the month of June.

But most importantly  the junk is gone from our house for at least a couple of months until I start boxing up stuff  again......

No comments:

Post a Comment