Friday, August 10, 2012

How I Spent My Birthday

Warning; This post contains no shopping deals but some reflects that you may or may not agree with so read at your own risk.


This morning I was treated to Breakfast in Bed which was Sausage Gravy and biscuits. Then I spent most of the morning "hanging out" with Kendall and Zach with spurts of mindless TV throw in! Kendall has started using the term "hanging out" whenever she wants to sit and cuddle or just sit with me so I really am enjoying this "hanging out.

Next we headed to the China Buffet for sushi and more for lunch, nap followed very nicely. Finally we headed to the pool with leftover pizza for dinner. It has been a quiet relaxing uneventful birthday, I wish for many more just like it!

I don't feel any older by turning 40 today but I have begun to realize a couple of things over the past month that this is the perfect place and time to share. First, we are officially finished with the baby stage in the house. I can honestly say that I have no desire to have any more babies in my house. I love newborns and even infants but I am thankful that even now all the kids are walking, talking and can feed themselves. It has been 7 years since I have been able to sit down and enjoy a meal or time at the pool for even 10 minutes without another body attached to mine. I always wondered how people knew their family was complete, now I know you just do.  We are now entering a new stage in life but it is fun and exciting. Next, our lives finally feel like we have exited the roller coaster. The past two to three years have been constant turmoil, change, worry and unending list of things that need to be accomplished. I know that we still have things that need to be finished and we certainly are not financially stable but we have a plan,and know that God is providing and directing our steps. With my full time status at work, I will have "regular" hours to a degree, with a no longer need to "fill" time with a second and third job. I plan on continuing to work the second job as time and need allows but it will no longer be a part of our regular income. Matt and I have talked this week, several times about establishing a routine for the days. This should accomplish several things including getting the kids on a more regular routine and providing time for Matt to focus on building his business. Finally we have almost finished with renovation and everyone should be happy in their space for at least a year. So even knowing storms will and are coming we can drift and enjoy the down time.

Happy 40th Birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment